WHAT TO EAT AT THE CINQUE TERRE
Lots of information everywhere on the internet, a huge choice during the visit, to make your head spin. But what to eat in the Cinque Terre? What are the typical dishes?
1. Focaccia. On the other hand, we are in Liguria, the first tip is to start the day with a nice focaccia, also accompanied by a coffee or cappuccino. It won't let you down.
Here are 10 tips to go without fail during your holiday in the Cinque Terre:
2. The Monterosso anchovies. Classic typical product, to be tried fried or salted.
3. "Muscoli". That is the mussels, stuffed with breadcrumbs, eggs, parmesan, garlic and parsley.
4. The cappun magru. Typical of all Liguria, traditional poor dish based on fish and vegetables.
5. The rice cake. But it is not a dessert, ideal as a snack, prepared with rice, parmesan, eggs, oil.
6. First courses: choice of trofie and trenette al pesto, spaghetti with seafood. Pesto and seafood, you can never go wrong.
7. Fried fish (squid and others). Maybe to try in one of the Street Food that have sprung up in all the Cinque Terre .
8. The tian Vernazza. This is a pan of thinly sliced potatoes, anchovies, oil, white wine, garlic, herbs, herbs...
9. The torta monterossina. A sweet delicacy based on shortcrust pastry, custard and sponge cake to try at Pasticceria Laura in Monterosso.
10. The Sciacchetrà. The food is not ok, but how can you not try this famous and delicious passito?