The Cinque Terre from Lucca
- 1. How to get
- 2. What to see
- 3. How to get around
- 4. Trekking trails
- 5. Book your trip from Genoa
- 6. What to see in Genoa in one day
Reading time: 3 minutes.
1. HOW TO GET FROM LUCCA TO THE CINQUE TERRE
Lucca is one of the art cities of Tuscany located at an accessible distance for a day visit to the Cinque Terre.
The distance by train varies from two to two and a half hours of travel, with two changes, in Pisa Centrale and La Spezia Centrale, with combinations of Intercity and regional trains.
Riomaggiore is the closest stop to Lucca, then Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterosso.
Check the timetables on the Trenitalia website.
Arriving at La Spezia Centrale train station, one option is to take the boat and see the Cinque Terre from the sea.
By car on the other hand, distances and travel times are:
- Lucca-Riomaggiore: 1 hour and 20 minutes, 90 km, toll 9 euros, fuel 10 euros.
- Lucca-Manarola: 1 hour and 20 minutes, 90 km, toll 9 euros, fuel 10 euros.
- Lucca-Corniglia: 1 hour and 40 minutes, 105 km, toll 9 euros, fuel 12 euros.
- Lucca-Vernazza: 1 hour and 40 minutes, 105 km, toll 9 euros, fuel 12 euros.
- Lucca-Monterosso: 1 hour and 40 minutes, 115 km, toll 11 euros, fuel 13 euros.
The road to Riomaggiore and Manarola is easier. Up to Corniglia and Vernazza there are many tight and tortuous curves. For Monterosso the stretch from Levanto is characterized by a continuous ups and downs.
Detailed informations on how to get to each village:
Detailed information on where to park in each village:
2. WHAT TO SEE
Here some suggestions on what to do and see in the five villages moving by train:
The Cinque Terre in a day by train.
Or if you stay for one night:
The Cinque Terre in two days (one night).
3. HOW TO GET AROUND
Surely the most recommendable option is the train, which allows you to comfortably visit all five villages with the Cinque Terre Card Train, which allows an unlimited number of journeys on regional trains between La Spezia and Levanto: Cinque Terre train timetable.
4. TREKKING TRAILS
For those with energy to spare, here are some suggestions on the paths to follow in one or two days:
The Cinque Terre in one day on foot.
The Cinque Terre in two days on foot.
5. BOOK YOUR TRIP FROM LUCCA
Do you prefer not to think about the organization and sit comfortably on a bus from Livorno? Here are some suggestions:
6. WHAT TO SEE IN LUCCA IN ONE DAY
And if you want to visit Lucca from the Cinque Terre instead. Here's what to visit in one day: