The Cinque Terre from Livorno
- 1. How to get
- 2. What to see
- 3. How to get around
- 4. Trekking trails
- 5. Book your trip from Genoa
- 6. What to see in Genoa in one day
Reading time: 3 minutes.
1. HOW TO GET FROM LIVORNO TO THE CINQUE TERRE
Visiting the Cinque Terre from Livorno is quite frequent due to the arrival in the city of Livorno of numerous cruises.
By train there are different combinations, the fastest include a change in La Spezia Centrale, with an Intercity or Freccia Bianca and regional train. Journey times vary slightly between an hour and a half and two hours. Riomaggiore is the closest stop to Livorno, then Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterosso.
Check the timetables on the Trenitalia website.
Once you arrive in La Spezia, a different option is to take the boat and see the Cinque Terre from the sea.
By car on the other hand, distances and travel times are:
- Livorno-Riomaggiore: 1 hour and 30 minutes, 110 km, toll 10 euros, fuel 12 euros.
- Livorno-Manarola: 1 hour and 30 minutes, 110 km, toll 10 euros, fuel 12 euros.
- Livorno-Corniglia: 1 hour and 45 minutes, 125 km, toll 10 euros, fuel 14 euros.
- Livorno-Vernazza: 1 hour and 45 minutes, 125 km, toll 10 euros, fuel 14 euros.
- Livorno-Monterosso: 1 hour and 45 minutes, 135 km, toll 12 euros, fuel 14 euros.
The road to Riomaggiore and Manarola is easier than Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterosso, which are instead characterized by tight and tortuous curves. We recommend park your car in La Spezia and take the train or boat.
Detailed informations on how to get to each village:
Detailed information on where to park in each village:
2. WHAT TO SEE
Here some suggestions on what to do and see in the five villages moving by train:
The Cinque Terre in a day by train.
Or if you stay for one night:
The Cinque Terre in two days (one night).
3. HOW TO GET AROUND
Surely the most recommendable option is the train, which allows you to comfortably visit all five villages with the Cinque Terre Card Train, which allows an unlimited number of journeys on regional trains between La Spezia and Levanto: Cinque Terre train timetable.
4. TREKKING TRAILS
For those with energy to spare, here are some suggestions on the paths to follow in one or two days:
The Cinque Terre in one day on foot.
The Cinque Terre in two days on foot.
5. BOOK YOUR TRIP FROM LIVORNO
Do you prefer not to think about the organization and sit comfortably on a bus from Livorno? Here are some suggestions:
6. WHAT TO SEE IN LIVORNO IN ONE DAY
And if you want to visit Livorno from the Cinque Terre instead. Here's what to visit in one day: