HOW TO GET TO RIOMAGGIORE
Getting to Riomaggiore by car
Riomaggiore can be reached quite easily by car, another question is where to leave the car.
The closest motorway exit is La Spezia-Santo Stefano Magra, along the A12 Genova-Livorno and the A15 Parma-La Spezia. From here, follow the signs to La Spezia along the SS 370, a convenient two-lane highway. Continue along Via Carducci, where you have to keep left to turn onto Viale Italia towards Cinque Terre as indicated by road signs. You go along Viale Italia, first between the houses, then with the sea on the left, arriving in front of the arsenal, where you turn right onto Viale Amendola. Keep left again and turn at the traffic lights onto the SP530, always following the brown signs indicating the Cinque Terre, in the direction of La Spezia football stadium. After the stadium, the road turns slightly to the left, becoming Via Fieschi. At this point you have to pay attention, at the traffic lights go straight uphill along the Via delle Cinque Terre (otherwise if you continue on the left, you’ll go to Portovenere). From here begins a climb of about 12 km which, passing Biassa, reaches Riomaggiore.
The road is quite comfortable, wide and with some tunnels to cross. The last two km are downhill towards the village, the problem now is finding a parking.
Average travel times from Riomaggiore to other villages by car:
Riomaggiore - La Spezia: 30 minutes, 15 km
Riomaggiore - Manarola: 15 minutes, 6 km
Riomaggiore - Corniglia: 35 minutes, 17 km
Riomaggiore - Vernazza: 35 minutes, 16 km
Riomaggiore - Monterosso: 48 minutes, 29 km
Riomaggiore - Levanto: 55 minutes, 31 km
Other average travel times to the main locations, kilometer distance, estimated motorway toll cost, estimated fuel cost:
- Milan (center) -Riomaggiore: 3 hours, 235 km, toll € 22.60, fuel € 28
- Turin (center) -Riomaggiore: 3 hours and 45 minutes, 277 km, toll 22 euros, fuel 30 euros
- Genoa-Riomaggiore: 1 hour and 50 minutes, 106 km, toll 7.50 euros, fuel 13 euros
- Pisa-Riomaggiore: 1 hour and 20 minutes, 90 km, toll 7.20 euros, fuel 10 euros
- Florence-Riomaggiore: 2 hours, 160 km, toll 13.40 euros, fuel 17 euros
- Bologna-Riomaggiore: 2 hours and 45 minutes, 240 km, toll 21 euros, fuel 24 euros
- Venice-Riomaggiore: 4 hours and 30 minutes, 390 km, toll 33 euros, fuel 37 euros
Download in pdf the distances km from Riomaggiore by car.
Click to enlarge: