HOW TO ARRIVE TO MONTEROSSO
Getting to Monterosso by car
Monterosso is the westernmost village of the Cinque Terre, not very easy to reach by car along the winding and narrow road, especially after Levanto and near the town. Instead it is easier to park than in the other villages, with two medium-sized car parks, one on the seafront of Fegina, the other before the historic center. Parking in Monterosso.
As for Vernazza, the motorway is the A12, exit Carrodano-Levanto, on the A12, about 20 km from Monterosso, which can be covered in 30 minutes. From the motorway tollbooth, turn left along the SP566dir towards Levanto. After a few km of ups and downs you arrive in Levanto. Before entering Levanto, at the large roundabout of the sanctuary, follow the signs to the left for Monterosso. Here the road becomes narrower and more tortuous, at first uphill, then with numerous ups and downs until you reach a crossroads where you can head towards the Fegina seafront or towards the historic center.
Average travel times from Monterosso to other villages by car:
Monterosso - La Spezia: 45 minutes, 32 km
Monterosso - Riomaggiore: 45 minutes, 28 km
Monterosso - Manarola: 35 minutes, 22 km
Monterosso - Corniglia: 35 minutes, 20 km
Monterosso - Vernazza: 35 minutes, 20 km
Monterosso - Levanto: 20 minutes, 11 km
Other average travel times to the main locations, kilometer distance, estimated motorway toll cost, estimated fuel cost:
- Milan (center) -Monterosso: 3 hours and 10 minutes, 235 km, toll 17 euros, fuel 25 euros
- Turin (center) -Monterosso: 3 hours and 30 minutes, 260 km, toll 22 euros, fuel 29 euros
- Genoa-Monterosso: 1 hour and 40 minutes, 90 km, toll 7 euros, fuel 11 euros
- Pisa-Monterosso: 1 hour and 35 minutes, 115 km, toll 10 euros, fuel 13 euros
- Florence-Monterosso: 2 hours and 20 minutes, 185 km, tolls 16 euros, fuel 19 euros
- Bologna-Monterosso: 3 hours, 260 km, toll 24 euros, fuel 26 euros
- Venice-Monterosso: 4 hours and 50 minutes, 415 km, toll 35 euros, fuel 39 euros
Download in pdf the distances km from Monterosso by car.
Click to enlarge.