THE ORATORY OF SAN ROCCO
The small oratory of San Rocco and San Sebastiano stands in a panoramic position next to one of the towers of the castle of Riomaggiore. Almost certainly built in 1480 as thanks for the end of the plague, the building has very simple lines. The façade, plastered in white like the rest of the oratory, is preceded by a gabled portico and the simple portal is surmounted by a stone architrave where the figures of the two Saints are carved in small relief: San Rocco with the signs of plague and San Sebastian pierced.
The small internal hall, covered by a lowered barrel vault and decorated with devotional frescoes, housed at the main altar a triptych depicting the Virgin and Child between Saints Rocco and Sebastian, now placed in the church of San Giovanni Battista.